Music is something that affects each an every one of us, and even if we don’t all become professional musicians, their is a hightened level of appreciation for music in general after having played an instrument. I teach the suzuki method which emphasizes ear training (something many musicians lack) along with the normal theory that must be taught. Imagine being able to play by ear or by music! It’s simple yet effective in bringing years of musical enjoyment! You never know….you might become the next Itzhak Perlman! I also believe firmly in training my students how to practice effectively in order to progress as quickly as possible.
I graduated three years ago with BA’s in Music and Theology, and proceeded to get my Masters in Theology. While in undergraduate school, I took lessons from Robert Koff, a renowned violinist in his time and one of the founding members of the Juilliard String Quartet.
- 23 years experience playing the violin
- 10 years experience playing the piano
- Have played in numerous Quartets, Orchestras, String Trios, Piano Trios, Churches since I was 8 including some of the best youth orchestras in the world
- Have played in the Charlotte Philharmonic Orchestra
- Have traveled with musical groups all over the world including Cuba, Mexico, France, and England
- Currently I own and operate Musicians In Motion