|Type||30 Minutes||45 Minutes||60 Minutes|
|Studio Private Lessons||From $24||From $34||From $44|
|Simply Music Piano||100/mo||n/a||n/a|
|In-Home||From $32||From $42||From $52|
|Guitar & Amp (electric)||$25||Free||$5|
- Insurance covers up to $100 in damage.
- A credit card must be on file to rent an instrument. In the event that the instrument is not returned within 30 days of the termination of the lessons, or damage is in excess of $100 when the instrument is returned, the credit card will be charged for the difference.
- 50% of the rental fee will be applied to the purchase price of any instrument that a student decides to buy.
Payments and Scheduling For Traditional Lessons
1) An invoice will be emailed to you on the 15th of each month (or mailed if you prefer) to remind you of the payment due. Payments are due by the 1st of each month after which a $25 late fee will need to be included with the payment. To avoid being late, automatic payments can be set up through a banking account or credit card. Payments made by credit card are accompanied by a transaction fee of 3%. Auto draft can be set up through us or via Intuit Payment Solutions (follow link on invoice).
2) Lessons are on a weekly basis and on the same day and time each week unless otherwise agreed upon.
Cancellation Policy For Traditional Lessons
Signing up for lessons with a teacher reserves a specific time slot in the teacher’s schedule. Not only do the teachers rely on this for their income, but in order for a natural progression to occur with the students, it’s important that they do not miss any lessons. Our teachers are willing to teach all of the lessons, and we ask that you give them this opportunity so that they can rely on that income. Here’s how it works:
1. Each week in the month must be paid for whether you take the lesson or not except for Christmas break and summer break which are optional. Other vacations during the school year are not eligible for credits or refunds but can be made up at the discretion of the teacher. No more than 3 lessons can be made up in a 6 month period.
2. All makeup lessons are done at the discretion of the teacher. Generally, one month’s notice is an acceptable amount of time to notify the office that you will be out of town. If less than 24 hours notice is given, lessons cannot be made up for any reason. Teachers are usually willing to make up a lesson or extend another lesson(s) to balance out. Keep in mind that most studios do not even allow their teachers to give make ups. If it is determined by the teacher that it will be impossible to make up the lessons within a 3 month period, a credit will be issued. There are no refunds, only credits for future lessons.
3. If a teacher is absent and the lesson(s) cannot be made up within 30 days, you will receive a credit on your next invoice.
4. Musicians in Motion requires two weeks’ notice to stop lessons or to take a month or more off. We need this time to properly fill the teacher’s schedule. If you choose to stop lessons, any lessons already paid for will be forfeited. If more than three weeks are taken off, your time slot cannot be reserved, although we will certainly try.
Simply Music Studio Policies for Parents and Students
• To create an environment where students routinely acquire and retain music as a lifelong companion.
• To experience playing as a natural self-expression.
• To have the ability to play a huge repertoire covering a vast array of musical styles.
• To have the ability to self-generate, i.e. the ability to progress independently. This includes developing a strong foundation in music reading and theory.
• To have a highly positive, self-affirming experience throughout the music learning process.
• Provide an instrument that is in good condition.
• Meet financial commitments by the end of the month for the following month.
• Support and encourage your child’s or your own progress by attending lessons.
• Commit to a long-term relationship with piano lessons and structured practice at home.
• Maintain your playlist.
• Follow your teacher’s instructions carefully.
• Practice 15–20 minutes per day, 5–6 days per week.
• Commit to a long-term relationship with piano lessons.
• Please, no food, drink or gum during lessons.
Lesson Time, Location and Schedule
• Shared lessons are 30 – 50 minutes, depending on the number of students.
- 25 minutes for 1 student
- 30 minutes for 2 students
- 35 minutes for 3 students
- 40 minutes for 4 students
- 50 minutes for 5 or more students
• Shared lessons are offered Monday through Saturday during the day and in the evening
• It is vitally important that the student practice on the same day of the lesson to reinforce what was learned. This includes watching the student material video if applicable, practicing on a practice pad or keyboard with no sound, and practice on a piano or keyboard with sound.
• The playlist must be kept alive, marked daily and turned in at each lesson.
• Above all else, ensure that on each day that practice occurs, it is always done at the same time.
Tuition and Materials Fees
• Monthly tuition for shared lessons: $100.00. Private lessons are $26 per lesson or $120 per month.
• Student Home Materials cost: $50.00 per level. Supplemental programs begin in Level 2. The cost varies depending upon the program, but will not exceed $25.00.
• Tuition and fees are due on the last lesson of each month for the following month. If paid past the 1st of the month, a $10 late fee will be added.
• Please make checks payable to Musicians In Motion.
• The purchase of each Foundational Level material constitutes agreement that the student will continue with lessons until completing the level the student is currently on. Should a student desire to terminate lessons, 30-day’s notice is required and untaught materials turned in for a credit of 50% of the purchase price.
• Students who refer others receive a choice of a one-time discount of $50 (payable the second month that the referred student pays for lessons).
• We accept cash, check, credit or debit. We prefer a check or paying online through the link on your invoice. Auto payment can be set up with a debit or echeck, but all credit card transactions are accompanied by a fee of 3%. Debit card transactions in the studio are free.
Holidays and Vacations
• Tuition for the months in which vacations fall are still the regular rate. Note: Tuition is also the same in months where 5 weeks of lessons occur, so it evens out.
• There are two options available for your own vacation absences:
- Paying tuition to reserve your regular time slot.
- Discontinuing classes temporarily and re-enrolling with the appropriate level and available time slot.
• No credit will be provided for missed lessons.
• In the event that the teacher cannot make a lesson due to illness or other unforeseen circumstances, a substitute teacher may be enlisted, or we will make up your lesson within 2 weeks at an agreeable time. 24 hours notice must be given if you cannot make a scheduled makeup lesson or it is forfeited.
• Parents will monitor their child’s progress weekly in class.
• Parents may call anytime to schedule a parent/teacher consultation.
• When a student advances to a new level, the Teacher Evaluation form should be completed (parent and student may complete this together). The forms will be collected at the first lesson of the new level.
• At times, opportunities are available for sharing your talents. This gives the musician incentive to excel, play with confidence and have a self-affirming experience.
• Larger events are held in December and May to provide students with a different venue in which to share their talents. These are fun, informal events which expose different ways in which piano-playing skills can be enjoyed.
• Weekly group classes also give students the opportunity to play for others, increasing their comfort and confidence levels, as well as providing a social setting in which to share music.
Inclement Weather Policy
• In the event that schools are closed due to the weather, the studio will remain open. If the weather is severe, we may opt to cancel all classes, in which case you will be contacted prior to your lesson time. In that case, the teacher will communicate with each student to provide instruction on what was taught for that lesson and take the extra time to work with students where possible. No credit will be issued.
Copyright © 2013 Musicians In Motion LLC. All rights reserved.
6303 Carmel Rd. Suite 106 in Charlotte, NC 28226